Removes credentials from a job.
bitsadmin /RemoveCredentials <Job> <Target> <Scheme>
The job's display name or GUID
SERVER or PROXY
One of the following:
- BASIC—authentication scheme in which the user name and password
are sent in clear-text to the server or proxy.
- DIGEST—a challenge-response authentication scheme that uses a
server-specified data string for the challenge.
- NTLM—a challenge-response authentication scheme that uses the
credentials of the user for authentication in a Windows network
- NEGOTIATE—also known as the Simple and Protected Negotiation
protocol (Snego) is a challenge-response authentication scheme that
negotiates with the server or proxy to determine which scheme to
use for authentication. Examples are the Kerberos protocol and
- PASSPORT—a centralized authentication service provided by
Microsoft that offers a single logon for member sites.
The following example removes credentials from the job
C:\>bitsadmin /RemoveCredentials myDownloadJob SERVER BASIC